Over the last year I have been working on the first in what I hope will be a series of books to help teachers exploit new technologies in ways that will enhance their students learning. My first book – Digital Video – A manual for language teachers – was released in August 2015 and here just a few of the reasons why I think it\’s worth the price of a cup of coffee.
1. It’s a ground breaking ebook that combines text and images with 26 embedded video tutorials.
Here\’s an example:
2. It combines instruction on how to use the best in new technologies with creative practical classroom activities.
3.It gives an overview of how new technologies can be combined with existing methodological approaches such as TBL, CLIL and Flipped Learning to make students’ learning more engaging and effective.
4. It shows you how to build your own technical and pedagogical skills to enable them to create their own materials and activities for students.
5. It helps you to see beyond the concept of using video for comprehension and consumption and looks at ways you can exploit the amazing power of handheld devices to encourage students to use video creatively to develop their skills.
6. It includes annotated links to some of the best free video based apps and resources that are available online.
7. It shows you how to build the technical skills and confidence you need to gradually start introducing new technologies to your classroom.
8. It helps you to see how you can make the transition from classroom teaching to blended and online teaching.
9. It’s the cheapest good quality 400 page full colour multimedia ebook for teachers that you can buy online. (Price at present is below £1 / $1.99 so around the price of a cup of coffee)
10. The money raised from creating the sales of the book will help to ensure that I’m able to produce similar books like this at a comparable price.
You can buy the book from:
I really hope you enjoy the book and please do leave a review.