” What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.” – Glenn Close
Mental health plays a supreme role in everyone’s life . It is mental health only which affects how we think , how we behave , how we feel , & how we cope up with life . It also help us determine how we cope up with stress , relate to others & make choices . It is important at every stage , from childhood to adulthood & aging . This includes our physical , psychological & social well being .
WHAT CAN AFFECT OUR MENTAL HEALTH ?
Many factors affect our mental health , some of them are , biological factors , such as genes & brain chemistry , family history & mental health problems in the family . This affects a lot , because they are present already in you , they are biological factors & outside factors have no affect hand & effect on you mental health . Sometime your very own experience in your life make you mentally ill , experiences such trauma , abuses , accidents leads to poor mental health . Not only biological factors , family history or bad experiences affect our mental health , but our way of living the life decides the how our mental health is . Our diet , food habits , physical activity also tells us our state of mental health . you can improve your mental health by meditating , doing yoga , by involving in physical activities .
What are the signs that I might have a mental health problem?
When it comes to your emotions, it can be hard to know what is normal and what is not. There are warning signs that you may have a mental health problem, including
- A change in your eating or sleeping habits
- Withdrawing from the people and activities you enjoy
- Having low or no energy
- Feeling numb or like nothing matters
- Having unexplained aches and pains
- Feeling helpless or hopeless
- Smoking, drinking, or using drugs more than usual
- Feeling unusually confused, forgetful, angry, upset, worried, or scared
- Having severe mood swings that cause problems in your relationships
- Having thoughts and memories that you can’t get out of your head
- Hearing voices or believing things that are not true
- Thinking of harming yourself or others.
- Not being able to perform daily tasks like taking care of your kids or getting to work or school
WHY IS MENTAL HEALTH IMPORTANT ?
Mental health is very important , it tells you how to behave to a particular situation , how to cope up with stress . It helps us to stay physically fit & mentally strong . By being in good mental health one can carry good relationships with everyone . It increases your work productivity , helps you to contribute a handsome amount of efforts for the community . It makes you realize your full potential & caliber with which you can outshine anywhere & everywhere.
Categories: Editorial, Education, Entertainment, Health, Learning, Skill Development
You must be logged in to post a comment.