[ By Bhoomika Saini ]
Maybe Healthy Eating Is The Key.
It's not about eating. It's about using the food to deal with anxiety and stress.
Staying at home during the time of this pandemic invited a lot of stress and anxiety for every individual. Since, many of us had become lazy during this time. We have stopped eating healthy as it is easy to order unhealthy food from online stores rather than cooking healthy and learning at home. This habit made us unhealthy, also it is harming our health day by day. Stress along with unhealthy eating is like inviting problems in your own home.
A healthy diet builds a solid, more enduring foundation for your body by reducing oxidation and inflammation and by helping to reduce weight gain.
There are many ways that can reduce your stress and make you feel better. Here, we’ll be discussing about one of them. And it’ll begin from eating healthy during the time of stress. Healthy food can bring wonders to oneself, so stop eating unhealthy food and start eating healthy today. One step to drive away your stress shall begin from here.
Also, there’s a huge difference between eating healthy during stress and stressful eating. One can be beneficial and other one could bring huge disadvantages to you. Moreover, adding some exercise in the routine wouldn’t hurt much.
So, here are some foods that can help you to avoid unhealthy eating and to drive your stress away.
- Sweet Potato– To calm down the stress, sweet potato might work well as it contains potassium, beta-carotene and other vitamins that also reduces the urge to eat carbohydrates and sweets, thus helping you to avoid the urge to eat more.
- Eggs- They are packed with vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants that play an important role in relieving stress.
- Chickpeas- They are packed with stress-fighting vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, potassium, B vitamins, zinc, selenium, manganese, and copper that can help in stress reduction.
- Dark Chocolate- Many experts say that it helps in reducing stress as it contains flavonoids and magnesium that may reduce the depression symptoms too.
- Turmeric- Curcumin in tumeric may help lower anxiety by reducing inflammation and oxidative stress that often increase in people experiencing mood disorders, such as anxiety and depression.
- Yogurt- It contains healthful bacteria, Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteria. There is emerging that these bacteria and fermented products have positive effects on brain health.
- Green Tea- Theanine in green tea has anti-anxiety and calming effects and may increase the production of serotonin and dopamine.
- Warm milk- It has loads of B vitamins that reduce anxiety and improve mood. For instance, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) raises serotonin levels to perk you up.
- Nuts- Nuts are full of nutrients, including B vitamins, along with healthy fatty acids. B vitamins are an important part of a healthy diet and can help reduce stress.
- Citrus foods- Flavonoids found in citrus fruits have anti-inflammatory capabilities that are thought to help protect against the chain of events that causes the nervous system to deteriorate.
- Oatmeal- Oatmeal is warm and comforting-and it also helps your brain generate the destressing neurotransmitter serotonin.
- Green Leafy Vegetables- Green leafy vegetables like spinach contain folate, which produces dopamine, a pleasure-inducing brain chemical, helping you to keep calm.
Start eating right today to nourish your body. So, first step to drive your stress away starts today.